Here are 5 Front Page favorites from the past few months I want to highlight for the next several days. Then I plan to get on with our “October Schedule.” That will include a re-post of an Autumn favorite, an homage to all sorts of Food, ducking into a small Shinto Shrine I happened upon in Kyoto about 6 or 7 weeks ago (one that I’d passed by hundreds of times over the years; one that, to my shame, I never took the time to notice before), a trip to Kodai-ji Temple at night, and, of course, an updated Halloween-in-Japan Extravaganza.
But first, as our teachers used to say, let’s review:
1. SIGNS. Upon returning from Japan (business trip) last month I very much updated a post from last year.
2. KYOTO. WHERE THE RIVERS MEET. The Kamo & the Takano. . .
3. KURAMA. A pretty, quiet and historic little mountain town, just north of Kyoto.
4. ZEN & SHINGON BUDDHISM AS PHOTO TECHNIQUE TOUCHSTONES. That pretty much says it.
5. ICHI-GO ICHI-E ・ 一期一会. One moment, One meeting. Savoring what will not come again.
Additional: I updated the photo gallery / essay “Shapes & Shadows,” too.