Smiles & Blunders.
It’s Thanksgiving Weekend in the U.S. I’ve posted and updated a Thanksgiving-in-Japan piece. But it seems an appropriate time to travel to India (recall that Indians were integral to the first Thanksgiving Dinner. I kid. I kid) and invoke the words and memory of Mahatma Gandhi. Please also — on this “Black Friday” in the U.S., note No. 4. Pick out others, too, and consider how they apply to current events. Here are what Gandhi called The Seven Great Blunders:
1. Wealth without Work.
2. Pleasure without Conscience.
3. Knowledge without Character.
4. Commerce without Morality.
5. Science without Humanity.
6. Worship without Sacrifice.
7. Politics without Principle.
. . .
For more Images of India, you’re invited to visit this gallery.